Tuesday, July 03, 2007

flowerful

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

.....went my favourite song from the movie "The Sound of Music". Roses have always been a special attraction to me, especially the mini roses.Blooming in various colors and in closely spaced branches, roses give a beauty almost undescribable. I have always wanted to grow roses in my garden but I never had a garden in real. So the compensation was pots of all the flowers I want - of different colors,sizes and shapes.This summer has been really special as for the first time after I moved to the US I have 3 colors of roses along with a bunch of other flowers (ofcourse in pots) on the deck on our new home. My little wish is to share my happiness with you all there....

couple of other favorites...







4 comments:

Prashanth said...

All these flowers inside your apartment? Beautiful!

Unknown said...

well, not inside my apartment...on the deck of my townhome!In case u change your mid now..I hold on to the "beautiful";)

M'nMs said...

And I did manage to find your blog again!
I just bought these beautiful pink roses..they smell absolutely lovely...and I got so taken in that I shelled out a bomb for 3, yes, just 3 roses! I did take some pictures and was contemplating putting it on the blog but it's really the smell that's amazing and a blog will do that no good :)
Anyway, guess you would apprecaite the roses I bought ...

Unknown said...

yeah I know the smell u r talking about. Sit ard those roses after a hard day at work, Im sure u will forget everything that troubled u. That's what I do, jus go look at my plants.